Grab our Button



Love is the End by phoebes.promise

Love is the End by phoebes.promise

Official Summary:
If he had only spoken the right words at the right time she would be his forever. Instead, they ache, love and long for each other in silence. A bittersweet love story desperately searching for a happily ever after.

Review:
I am not a fairy tale, fluffy, HEA love story kinda girl. They bore me. I don't like too much angst, but just a little to keep me wondering if a HEA is in the future. I prefer my love stories to be laced with realism and depth. I want to watch a story unfold and see how each character grows and how they are affected by whatever obstacles are placed in front of them. I will be the first to admit I am a bit of a snob and extremely picky when reading FanFiction. So when a story owns me...it truly does own me. And I have to say that Love is the End OWNS me. I started reading around 8 am one morning and didn't stop till I was done...my phone was glued to my hand, children ate cereal for dinner and I seriously don't think I even acknowledged my husband's return from a long day of work (he also ate cereal for dinner).

Love is the End is a story about Edward and Bella, but it is in NO WAY like any other story I have read. It spans several years through flashbacks and memories from both points of view. Don't worry, it doesn't flip flop back and forth with each chapter repeated. No, phoebes. promise has seamlessly blended their stories so well and given the characters such a distinct voice that honestly the EPOV or BPOV is not even needed at the start of a chapter.

The story starts with Bella and Edward stuck in a situation that they both willingly put themselves in, a situation that Bella is finally ready to get out of. Their bad choices, lack of communication and forces outside of their control have kept them apart for too many years. The story is about how they deal with their mistakes and overcome the obstacles placed in front of them.


She reached for me as her shouting morphed into an agonizing whisper, "I want to wake up to your gorgeous face and have sex before the sun rises. I want to make your favorite dinner and pour your favorite wine. And I want to listen to you read fairytales to our babies every single night for the rest of our lives."

A familiar pain tore through my chest as I listened to her. She was broken from the past, needing our new beginning. She deserved so much more than a year of clandestine traveling and late night phone calls. She'd consumed me since I was eighteen years old. I'd loved her as long as she'd loved me and then some. I wrapped my arms around her tiny, trembling body and laid her back on the bed underneath me.

"Please stop leaving me," she begged and wrapped her legs around my waist as I pushed into her.

I framed her face with my hands, running my thumbs underneath her jaw. Pressing my forehead to hers, I thrust into her long, deep and hard; filling her completely with the body and soul that belonged only to her.

"It was supposed to be us…" Bella whimpered against my lips.

"I know, baby. I know."
Throughout your life who you are changes, as does the title that dictates the role you play, regardless of whether you are with your family, friends, or partner. At one point you might be the rebellious or the obedient daughter, the newlywed, the bread winner, the mother, the taxi driver, the friend, and so on and so on...our roles are always changing. phoebes.promise takes that and applies it to a group of friends and their dynamics with in their family. She plays with their choices and the outcomes that come about as a result of those choices.

"Dr. Uley mentioned your resignation from the foundation board." He was relentless.

"Oh, he did?" She whispered, her head low.

"Sweetheart, why?" Victoria asked concerned.

"Because it's the right thing to do," Bella answered squaring her shoulders slightly.

"But with your professional background…" Victoria pushed.

"Jake has plenty of therapeutic knowledge. He respected my decision and so did Sam's parents." Bella lifted another dish from the pile with trembling hands.
Emmett scoffed loudly, moving closer to add a dirty beer mug to the task.
Sensing his approach behind her, Bella spun around and dropped a plate at his feet.

"Just say what you need to say Emmett, so we can all fucking move on." The dam finally gave way.

"That's what it's all about, isn't it? Moving on…" He taunted.

"What do you want me from me? I can't live with this hate and guilt from you anymore. It's torturing me," Bella cried.

"Oh, poor Bella," he said dramatically.

"Emmett, stop!" Rosalie demanded.

I steadied Bella, placing my hands on her shoulders and whispered, "Let's go upstairs." She forcibly shook me off.

"You're all he fucking had," Emmett shouted through his own tears. "He needed you."

"You don't think I loved my husband?"

I know many of you have hard limits against reading stories written about either Bella or Edward having an affair. I will say that yes, there is an affair in this story, but the affair is the story. Please give this story a chance and don't judge it by it's cover. phoebes.promise is an excellent writer and her story will have you laughing, crying, and thinking about the roads you have chosen to take in life.



Author Interview:
What gave you the idea for this story?
I've always been fascinated by relationships and friendships. Some connections are natural, some are forced and some we just settle for. I really wanted to test and explore the nature and strength of various bonds, love through life experiences.

Are there any fanfic authors that inspire you?
Absolutely. I'm inspired by all authors who create and offer a little bit of themselves. But a few have really awed and inspired me to try harder, to write better...

My partner in crime, jarkin33 is phenomenal at plot development. She has a mad talent of bringing believable experiences to her characters. She's patient with her characters, regardless of their actions. She gave us one of the very best Edward's in FF in The White Swan Lodge, he's as sexy as he is sweet.

I'm convinced littlesecret84 could teach a masterclass on dialogue. She writes the most believable and well paced dialogue. Her words are perfectly measured in her character's thoughts and beyond... true magic on a page. She has an effortless style. Every line is vivid and loaded. Her storytelling consumes in the best of ways.

I admire Saint Kristen and emilyg80 for taking risks and doing things their way. They're bold, so genuine, incredibly honest in their writing and beyond. They know how to have fun. And they respect, regard their readers like close friends.

samrosey creates beautiful, lyrical love stories while quiely weaving sensuality and romance through every plot.
denverpopcorn creates such unique, dreamy fics. Yet, the words and happenings are so perfectly real. Her storytelling is so visceral, with this lovely ease in phrasing that begs you to crawl inside and live forever.

What was your main inspiration for your lead characters?
Bits of the back story and Edward's profession are quite familiar to me, as is Bella's taste in shoes... Their qualities, troubles and motivations were drawn from friends and life experiences. My husband often watches documentaries on athletes and tragic,often preventable sports injuries. Sam's character grew tremendously for me as I researched daily living with paralysis. It's the one regret I had on completion that I didn't add more depth in his storyline.

What do you think it takes to make a fic special and stand out to a reader?
To haunt, touch, pull me... a fic has to be honest, believable. I think relatable plots, story lines are the most gripping or heartwarming. Flawed characters whose very nature and being could be my neighbor, my brother, or even myself... Hearing from readers regarding their own life parallels to Love is the End was incredible. Surviving an affair, a divorce, a miscarriage or a tragic accident... we've all been touched by life's nightmares in one way or another. That thread creates a bond, and maybe an outlet for dealing, thinking or healing.

What did/do you find the hardest about writing this story?
The difficulty was absolutely in making characters with soulful, good hearts do the wrong thing. Edward and Bella aren't perfect, they're completely flawed. They cheat, they hurt others, they live a lie for a very long time... all while being these extraordinary giving people, loving their friends and each other fiercely. Leaving the reader with hope that they'll find their HEA was a challenge. They had to grow individually before they could give and be what each other needed.

Why do you think people should read this story?
I'd love it if they would give it a try. I love getting insight from readers, to hear their thoughts on the difficult path of the lovers. I hope at the close, for a reader to feel the fight was worth it. That the hurt and want made sense, that they deserved the bliss of their HEA.

What cliches do you feel authors should avoid while writing fanfic?

I think it's nearly impossible to avoid any and all cliches, and it's probably somewhat subjective. Taking risks with your characters is so rewarding... an empty bank account, unhealthy habits, desperate, weak. It drives the plot, that hope and need.

Do your RL friends and family know about your love and obsession with all things Twilight?
My husband knows, understands, reads and helps... which earns plenty of arched brows. I've made some beautiful and important RL friends through the Twifandom.

Have you got any other projects going on? Any planned for the future?
I'm extremely excited about writing, collaborating with the wonderful and incredibly talented, jarkin33 (Jaime), at aftrnoondlight. We're having more fun than should be allowed. We've completed two o/s and two short stories. Beneath the Undertow is also now complete. We're so grateful for the emotional, poignant response we've received. The first chapter of our new fic, Outbound, will be included in the Fandom for Sexual Assault Awareness compilation. Then it will begin posting in August.

Do you have anyone that you'd like to thank for helping and supporting you through this fic?

The two sweetest friends a person could have, jaimearkin and FFpassion. They were the voice and energy behind Love is the End, truly. They kept me balanced when the emotions were high and themes were undesirable. Through death, affairs, divorce, pregnancies and beyond they were there... no matter the timezones or topic... they ALWAYS answered. Love you!

Big hugs to Melg0510 for the beautiful video. Much thanks to 1redsoc for naming sweet Chloe. Sweet thanks to Misti for starting the discussion thread. My hubby deserves a kiss or two for sharing his professional knowledge and then some. And an extra smooch to Jaime for sharing her creative talent on the gorgeous banners and blinkie.

And to the kindest readers and friends in the fandom and beyond. The reviews, the messages, the blog posts, you made the words worth it. You know who you are, I love you, thank you.

When you aren't writing which fics are you reading right now?
Pigtails by Saint Kristen and emilyg80
once and future lovers by littlesecret84
SOUL by denverpopcorn
Between Dusk and the End of Summer by maxipoo1024
The Companion by samrosey
Colouring in the Dark by samrosey
Rosebud by Arabella's
We Come to Life Beneath the Stars by Lillybellis
And I'm on my 374837 reread of The White Swan Lodge by jarkin33, but I'm not counting.

How were you introduced to the fandom? Do you remember which story was the first you read?
I was late to the dance, peeking in around New Moon theater time. I was literally breathless and inspired by the intense chemistry of the leads. I then noticed a link for MotU on a R/K fan blog and well... yes.

Is there any information that you would like to share that was not already covered?
Just wanted to say thank you for providing this blog. It's a wonderful source for FF readers and authors.

Any additional information you would like posted???

THANK YOU!!!!


Thanks for Reading!!
Please leave us a comment and let us know what you thought.
TwiFicDataBase Staff
@SheshaLesha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to tell us what you think...we couldn't do any of this without your support...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More