Grab our Button



Splintered Door by branchirps





Official Summary:
Bella "Ice" Swan leads a life of luxury and loneliness. Strong and independent, sexy shoes, avoiding romantic entanglements. What happens when she meets her match in the form of dripping sex on legs, PR hotshot, Edward Cullen? There is something between them, but there is no telling how far back the seed of desire goes. Sometimes one soul has enough power to open the door formed around a broken heart. All you need is a splinter to make it through.

Review:
First impressions make a big difference. Do the people you meet seem kind? Cold? Cocky? Isabella “Ice” Swan meets Edward Cullen while in Vegas and is thrust together with him to work on a huge project. She isn’t impressed with him in the beginning. He seems too sure of himself, “Mr. Sex.” Her brain keeps warning her to stay away, but let’s face it, that’s impossible. Edward is too attractive, too smooth, and the chemistry between them crackles like electricity.

He pauses to ask me "Your room or mine?"

"Yours." I don't hesitate.

We are in his room before the 's' in yours leaves my mouth. He backs me against the wall as he shuts and locks the door with one hand. This time there is absolutely no reservation and our mouths are ravenous for each other. Our tongues and lips ignite, he tastes amazing and any previous thought of reason is lost on our lips of lust. His long, wide spread fingers slide up my hips across the slinky fabric of my dress, stopping on my waist. Pulling me in tighter, closing the remaining distance between us, our bodies finally achieving complete, clothed contact. The sensation of him this close to me, our lips and bodies locked, is better than I had imagined. He is hard in all the right places, strong and completely in control. I have never acquiesced to such raw instinct before, discounting all reason. The excitement he produces inside me keeps driving me further—beyond thought. I feel his hard excitement taunting me now.

After a mind blowing night, “Ice” Swan pushes Edward away. Professional is the name of the game, right? That’s the game plan, at first. Past circumstances and pain make her extremely wary of emotional entanglements. After investing her whole heart in a relationship and being left behind, Bella doesn't want to travel down the road of heartbreak again. Edward keeps pushing, though, and while she tries to resist it’s pretty much impossible.

I panic. I'm confused. This is all wrong. This shit only happens in fairytales, and I don't believe in those anymore. My belief in them died long ago, buried safely behind the door. "I'm sorry I can't do this. I have to go." I turn and rush out the door as quick as I entered.

Edward does leave Bella briefly, although not on purpose. Poor "Mr. Sex" has an accident and has to find his way back to the whoman who gave him his heart. Our favorite Cullen clan is in this story, as is Jake, but don’t worry Jake haters: he’s a relatively minor character and causes no problems. Branchirps' characters are all believable, heartwarming, and you can’t help but fall in love with them. The backdrop of Las Vegas just makes me even more jealous that I still haven’t visited the iconic city.

As an aside, I have to mention the amazing shoes that branchirps features in this story. I love shoes and I drool over her descriptions of each amazing pair. It is still my firm belief that every woman needs a pair of FMPs (Fuck Me Pumps).

Two lessons learned from this story? “Never judge a book by its cover” and “you know what happens when you assume.” Splintered Door is complete at 13 chapters, and in those 13 chapters you’ll get turned on, turn into mush at Edward's sweetness, and feel Bella's heartache. Go read and experience the whole story in its entirety, then head out and buy a new pair of heels!



Author Interview:
What gave you the idea for this story?
I actually began this story for the NaNoWriMo thirty day writing challenge, and as I raced to pen fifty thousand words in thirty days the story just came to life. Originally I intended it to take a different path but the characters somehow seemed to take over and before I knew it the story took on a life of its own.

Are there any FF authors that inspire you?
There are so many talented FF authors and I think every story I read inspires me in some small way.

What was your main inspiration for your lead characters?
I’m not sure I had a main inspiration; I get plot ideas and simply begin tapping away as the words take form on my screen. Then the characters begin to come to life and then I see them in my head.

What do you think it takes to make a fic special and stand out to a reader?
I enjoy reading several different genres and as a reader I look for an original plot and well developed characters.

What do you find the hardest about writing this story?
I love to read a great lemon like the next gal, but they are definitely the hardest for me to write. Lemons are tricky, achieving the correct balance of emotions and painting a visual picture so that it comes across as believable is a lot harder than it seems.

Why do you think people should read this story?
I believe this story will surprise most because it contains a mixture or medley of genres rolled into one. Some have commented that they never expected the turn of events that came to pass.

What clichés do you feel authors should avoid while writing fanfic?
I have to laugh at this question because I find myself falling in the cliché trap from time to time and my fantastic beta (maxipoo) has to keep me inline. One of my biggest pet peeves, however, is the word ‘baby’, you will never hear my Edward call Bella, baby. Lol. Although a simple cliché or two is not enough to deter me from a well written fic.

Do your RL friends and family know about your love and obsession with all things Twilight?
My hubs knows the extent of this crazy obsession, and he is such a good sport about it. He supports the many hours it takes to write, edit, and post the stories. I try to keep my other RL interactions Twi/Rob free for the most part, but it is a constant challenge. Lol. This obsession does require time and dedication. ;-)

Have you got any other projects going on? Any planned for the future?
I have many things always going, possibly too many at one time. I have just posted a new WIP Beautiful Depths; Edward/Bella, romance/angst. I’m a tad behind right now because we lost power, due to the storms that hit the southern U.S. There is a new FGB, @fandom4storms on twitter, and I will be contributing something for that as well; especially since it has affected so many families so close to me personally.

Do you have anyone that you'd like to thank for helping and supporting you through this fic?
Suzie55 may not know this; but she originally gave a shout out on twitter to see if anyone wanted to pre-read a fic for me, and that is how I met lilmssomething. Lil helped this story take shape before I even had a beta and she gave an amazing in-depth analysis on each and every chapter for me. Regardless of us being on opposites sides of the world she has fast become a very dear friend. Next I met my epic-fated friend maxipoo. She offered to beta for me and that was the beginning of another friendship. Max is an amazing talent and we work so well together. I couldn’t have posted nor done any of this without her. I was completely FF challenged before I met Max, and she has taught me so much during this process. Also she made a fabulous banner and trailer for the story. I owe Lil and Max a long night of cocktails for putting up with me!

When you aren't writing which fics are you reading right now?
Between Dusk and the End of Summer, Love is the End, Sizzle and Spark, End Island, What’s up Doc, Metaphysics, Serendipity, MotU, actually I haven’t been reading a lot recently so I need a few new WIP to peruse.

How were you introduced to the fandom? Do you remember which FanFic was your first to read?
I don’t remember the name of the first official fic I read, but I had just finished Breaking Dawn and decided I definitely needed more to this YA adventure (clears throat). After scouring the internet I discovered FF and searched for Isle Esme (I needed more than a little fade to black). One thing lead to another, thus I discovered the vast world of FF and began devouring some of the most recommended BNA and heavy hitting stories. Before I knew it I was hopelessly addicted to FF and I found myself reading many different types of stories, in lieu of actual books. Lol.

Is there any information that you would like to share that was not already covered?
There are so many talented people in this Fandom and incredible fundraisers for so many great causes. It amazes me all the good that can come from a silly obsession, and all the wonderful friendships that are formed. I have met some wonderful gals that are fast becoming fixtures in my RL. This obsession has become an adventure and I am simply excited to see where it leads next. I get giddy with each ding and alert to my stories and I read and appreciate every review. Thank you to all who have supported Splintered Door and I am truly flattered to have been chosen as story of the week.

Any additional information you would like posted???




Thank you for reading!
The TwiFicDataBase Staff
@Frzr71186

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to tell us what you think...we couldn't do any of this without your support...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More