Grab our Button



Shesha's Reading List

Hiya Guys,

Some of you may know this already but I have the memory of a goldfish.  SWEAR...I am Dori...every 3 seconds I have to say "What was I just doing?"

So, for a story to make it to my All-Time Favorites Reading List...It has to be memorable and extremely good.

I go through phases on which genre I love the most and really read a little of everything.  I am not really picky about AH, AU, Canon, and all that...honestly I just learned what canon was a few months ago.

The one thing I am really picky about is Bella.  I will flounce faster than you can say Twilight if the author has written her 'as fragile as a China Doll'.  I understand a little bit of 'fragilness/protectivness' if I am reading a canon Edward POV, but there is a point where enough is enough.  In my mind, Bella is extremely intelligent, strong, and courageous.  I mean come on, she would have to be, in order to deal with a house full of vampires.  She was never timid as a church mouse.  This is a character that was willing to fight off a gang of would be hoodlums in Port Angeles and go after James with nothing but pepper spray.  And, she also decked Jacob, knowing she would hurt herself, but was determined to make her point.

I LOVE Edward, and all things Edward.  However, I think the only tragedy I have not read Edward go through is his dog getting run over.  He is a tortured soul, and we love to create new and more severe circumstances for him to over come.  I really enjoy reading stories that go in a completely different direction, because there are only so many times that I can read about Tanya dying in a horrible car crash or he has a gazillion dollars but because of X, Y, and Z he is miserable.

So, I have to balance out the 'woe is me' emo'ness of Edward with some Jasper lovin' every once in a while.  I love reading Jasper fics because honestly Stephenie Meyer left him a blank canvas.  In the original books he only has three concrete character developments; 1)From Texas 2)Youngest General and 3)Married to Alice.  That gives us TONS of wiggle room to play with him as we see fit.

Soo, on to my Reading List...


Just Finished Reading The White Swan Lodge by jarkin33.  Read My Review.

Right now I am reading:


Some of my FAVORITE Fics that I have read...and what I loved about them...


  •  The Plan by QuantumFizzx--Her style of writing was unique and gave the reader the feeling a being a fly in the room.  Her story was different and fun to read at crazy hours of the day and night
  • Maybe I'm Falling For You by coldplaywhore--I loved the thought that the guy pumping next to you was some one you actually talked to on a daily basis in the virtual world.  It was a great concept, love The Beatles, and it was really funny.   
  • The Girl Under The Bed by Nostalgicmiss--One of the 1st 'homeless' fics to hit the fandom, a great original idea.  Flove that Jasper is the Super Star.  
  • The Trip Home by mskathy--My very fist slash fic.  She wrote about a taboo topic in such a 'real-life' manner.  We get to see how these characters make their lives work in a day to day basis, and the challenges one would face when you love more that one person.
  • The Fate/Love/Hope Trilogy by cullen818--Jasper, Bella, and Edward....These were my first Team Jasper fics and they have stuck with me... honestly I love pretty much everything she writes.  Always original and beautifully written.
  • Heartbreak Remedy and A Beautiful Disaster by dariachenowith --Oh, my heavens...If you have not read, You Must Go Read Now...A whole new look at lemons...went right past the watered down lemon flavored KoolAide to the Mike's Hard Lemonade...But underneath all the mouth watering yumminess is a beautiful story of two people coming together and falling in love.  We get to see their relationship, which started out as an exploration of fantasy, grow into a mature loving relationship built on trust.  
  • tara sue me---what else can be said about The Training, The Dominant, and The Submissive that hasn't already been said...They freakin rock and you should have already read them...
  • Okay now this next one I love for its use in music...Always & Never by BOSTONGIRL1212--Edward and Bella message music back and forth and the songs that the author has picked for each character, are as telling of the characters thoughts, as her writing.  I am not saying that her writing is bad, just that she did such a great job at finding songs that perfectly portray the characters mood and thoughts.
  • I Hate Myself For Loving You by halojones--Yep it's another song fic...what can I say...I like music and when an author can tie the two together without reusing the overused Closer or Sex on Fire, its a win in my book.  And... she was using Joan Jett before The Runaways was even filming.  Great fic about Bella finding her voice and the courage to use it.
  • Mr. Horrible by algonquinrt--All I have to say is Candy Coated Peen...if you don't know what that means then you are missing out on one of the funniest fics.
  • All hale to the Parka Peen with The Misapprehension of Bella Swan by HunterHunting.  She has brilliantly brought us two of the most beloved characters in the fandom; Tattward and Hockyward often imitated but never duplicated.
  • And a Favorites list wouldn't be a list without Emancipation Proclamation by kharizzmatik.  Here is another one where there just aren't enough words to describe that haven't already been said.
I very well could be forgetting some...I have been reading fan fic since 2009.  I have cleared and restarted my ff.net favorites list more times that I would like to admit...now it is just a storage area for a mix mash of links to some that I've read, some that I wanna read, and some that I might read one day.   

So now that you know my thoughts on reading and rec'ing our beloved fan fics, please suggest something for me to read.  If I really like it, I will contact the author to feature it as a Pick of the Week.

Thank You,
Shesha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to tell us what you think...we couldn't do any of this without your support...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More