Grab our Button



The Cliff by RobstenCuteness

The Cliff by RobstenCuteness

Picture
Official Summary:
This is a love story. It's about the lifelong friends Bella, Edward and Jacob and how love between two of them can change everything. Lots of sugary lemons, some angsty parts, snark, humor and lots of romance!

Review:
RobstenCuteness sums it up really well: This is a love story. Not your typical love story, but a love story all the same. There’s intrigue, character history, and three very close families whose lives are all entangled. Everyone’s choices affect the rest of the group. So how do the choices of two people in love affect their families and friends?

That morning, while we lay together on the edge of the cliff with our feet dangling close to the edge watching the clouds lazily pass over us, we made a lifelong pact. We would never leave each other, never leave our homes and always be a family. No matter what. We promised nothing would ever come between us, the three musketeers forever. No secrets, no lies. Except for one. Ours wasn't the only pact made that day.


That little snippet is from the prologue, set when Edward, Bella, and Jacob are young. Don’t even try and deny that it doesn’t catch your attention. Go read to find out which other pact was made. That unknown pact is a major influence on the storyline and may possibly lead to a fistfight. As the chapters progress, we watch as Bella, Edward, and Jacob navigate their old and new found feelings for each other. I will tell you that this is an Edward and Bella love story, but they aren’t together at first. RobstenCuteness has the characters’ relationships grow and whether they grow closer together or farther apart is yet to be seen. Did I mention how RobstenCuteness leaves every single chapter with a cliffie?! Very craftily tied in with her title, The Cliff, it also guarantees that you’ll come running when there’s an update.

One thing I can promise that you’ll find in The Cliff is lemons. Lots of them and very hot ones. Anyone have any Oreos on hand?

Suddenly Edward was on top of me. I looked around the room and it was now completely empty aside from Edward and myself. He grabbed my cami and pulled it up and began mimicking the Oreo taunts on my girls. I squealed quietly and arched my back. I scooped some more creme and rubbed it on my nipple and offered him a sweet treat. He growled again and began to suck enthusiastically, sucking hard. I moaned and wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled his hips against me.

"We keep having sex with food and I am going to end up fat."

"No worries, I plan on working all the calories right off you," he whispered into my breast and began to lick the rest of the creme from me.


The Cliff is more than what it appears on the surface. From the stunning backdrop of 3 beautiful homes arranged on a cliff to the betrayal of someone close, you’ll feel a wide variety of emotions. RobstenCuteness has created characters that are real; this kind of realism must be present in a story for me to enjoy it. The author makes it easy to empathize with the characters - cheering for them when they have something to celebrate and aching for them when they struggle. Please go read and review. If you’re good, maybe I’ll send you a package of Oreos.

Author's Interview:
What gave you the idea for this story?
My little one didn't sleep through the night for quite a while (three years - YIKES!). In my late night attempts to fall back to sleep, I would think about this story over and over in my head until I could get back to sleep. It was an ongoing process so each night the story would progress. Eventually, some twitter gals convinced me to put it on paper and so was born The Cliff.

Are their any FF authors that inspire you?
OH YES! Many! Lola Shoes was my first fanfiction love! I absorbed everything she wrote. And then...I was hooked on fanfiction. I read everything I could get my hands on. It made me want to write my story. Presently I am completely hooked on Sexy Silk by Eveningrainjhlo and Perfectly Lonely by Twilightbyus, and both authors have become very good friends and awesome support for my writing. Their writing...it's amazing and it drives me to make The Cliff everything it can be. There are so many others. They are all great! And the fact they they are all out there writing... it inspired me to write too.

What was your main inspiration for your lead characters?
Twilight. Is this anything more to say? The love story is iconic. I read through the Twilight Saga books so many times and I just hated that it had to end. Originally, The Cliff wasn't a Twi-piece, but it worked so well with the characters I decided to write it that way in short story format to keep the love story alive for me. What do you think it takes to make a fic special and stand out to a reader? I think a fic needs to have a strong story line with action and romance and definitely some great sex scenes. But most of all, you have to keep the fic reader coming back for more. They should crave more of the story, need to come back to find out what happens next. So I am one for ending each chapter with a cliffhanger of some kind.

What do you find the hardest about writing this story?
It has to be trying to find a way to explain the Jake storyline. I have vilified him for the most part and trying to find new ways for him to continue to try and come between Edward and Bella can be challenging. I also want him to become a better person in the end... so, we'll see how that plays out.

Why do you think people should read this story?
This fic can make the reader laugh, cry, get all hot and bothered and be shocked chapter to chapter. It's an emotional roller coaster. And I have been known to take requests for certain "items" written into a scene! LOL You'll have to read the Oreo Chapter (Chapter 27). Some of my Twitter Gal Pals requested Oreos!

What cliches do you feel authors should avoid while writing fanfic?
I think when you're writing fanfic you have to try and make the storyline your own, not just rewriting something already written in the original. Referencing is OK. Not really a cliche, but if the readers wanted the original story, they could just reread the book. Make it yours. Give the readers something new.

Do your RL friends and family know about your love and obsession with all things Twilight?
Oh my God yes. I am so hooked and everyone from my hubs, to my 2 girls, work, friends, family, everyone knows. I get lots of Twilight gifts from my little ones. I love it!

Have you got any other projects going on? Any planned for the future?
I am going to be writing a one shot for the Fandom Fights Tsunami cause. I also work with some great gals on the blog www.AdventuresinTwilighting.com It's a blast! Lots of hot and snarky conversations. I plan on rewriting The Cliff out of Twilight genre to see if I can't get this baby published. And I do have a few more fun storylines for fanfic that I am toying with too!

Do you have anyone that you'd like to thank for helping and supporting you through this fic?
OMG! So many people. My prereaders @GaelleLovesMax and @BraGirl2 for convincing me to write this fanfic, which is my first one! Their support has been amazing and inspirational to me. My AWESOME beta @Twopeas1pod for continuing to make this piece great and grammatically correct. My blog gals @Married2MyJacob and @PrettySparklies for making me realize the story is actually good. My authors-in-crime @Eveningrainjlho and Twilightbyus for talking me down from the cliff's edge (pun intended) when I doubt myself or want to give up. And of course, ALL my Twitter Gals who pimp my story continually! They are amazing friends. Oh and my readers who keep coming back and reading/reviewing the story. But most of all, my hubs and my two daughters who put up with Mommy sitting at her computer night after night. They deserve the most credit. They are my continuing inspiration for writing and life in general!

When you aren't writing, which fics are you reading right now?
I am always rereading the Twilight Saga. LOL And I have been reading The Fallen series by Lauren Kate. It's fantastic. If you like Twilight, it's a definite read! And for fanfic: Sexy Silk, Perfectly Lonely, All the Wild Horse, Whispered Words and False Promises and Massage Therapy. I'm a fanfic fanatic!

How where you introduced to the fandom? Do you remember which FanFic was your first to read?
I was introduced to the fandom when I started Twittering by following KStew411, who alas is no longer on Twitter. I met some amazing people along the way. It's not just a fandom, but a family. But @Bragirl2 was the one who introduced me to fanfic. She's a fanfic pusher who got me addicted. She's the best. I thank her so much for introducing me to it all. I believe I started originally with Wide Awake. And then of course everything by Lola Shoes is what really hooked me.

Is there any information that you would like to share that was not already covered?
I think just my writing style is a little funky. I don't have a real outline for The Cliff. I just sit down and write. My brain and hands take over and just write it. It's almost an exercise in free-writing. The entire fic writing experience has been this amazing and wild ride. My girls and hubs and I watch the hits on the story and read the reviews. It's been so much fun seeing all the people all over the world who are reading The Cliff. It's crazy! You have to have fun in life. This has been so much fun for me! When it becomes work, it's time to take a break.

Thank you for reading!
TwificDataBase Staff
@Frzr71186

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to tell us what you think...we couldn't do any of this without your support...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More