Grab our Button



Already Gone by FigSk8ingAngel


Official Summary

Everybody deserves a happy ending...it's just getting there that's the challenge.
This is the continuing story of the World of Twilight. It takes place about five and a half years post Breaking Dawn and centers around the lives of Jacob's Wolf Pack, (Embry, Quil, Leah, Seth, and Jake) and their imprints/love interests. Nothing is ever easy, especially falling in love. The pack will face heartbreak, new love, old enemies, and much more. All the while finding out who they really are, as well as who they really love.

Review

This is a canon story that actually stays true to the original story line! It doesn’t try and re-write what Stephanie Meyer has already written, instead it focuses on where Meyer left off. It begins a couple of years after Breaking Dawn and revolves around Renesmee and Jacob and some of the other pack members. Renesmee is growing into a mature teenager, but she isn’t completely an adult yet. She has a special relationship with Jacob, but everyone is still trying to figure out where that relationship is headed. I really like that the reader gets to follow along as the relationship develops, instead of just being thrust into some heavy duty relationship between the two. You get a chance to see that it actually is a complicated relationship and not something that just happened.

In the beginning chapters, everyone starts to realize that Renesmee is starting to see that her relationship with Jacob is special and beginning to question what it might be. Even Jacob knows that things are changing:

Renesmee's family wanted her to live a life that felt as normal as possible, and because of that, they tended to base how they treated her off her natural age, not her mental age. I knew it drove Renesmee crazy, especially lately; she wanted to be treated like an adult, and they still wanted to treat her like she was a child. The truth was that she was a lot smarter than they were willing to admit to themselves. She began asking me questions about why I was always there, and why I cared so much for her, before she had even turned two. I wasn't willing to lie to her, but I also was not going to betray her parents' wishes, so I just told her that it was because I loved her and always wanted her to be safe. She was happy with this answer for a while, but recently she had become even more curious than in her younger years.

Renesmee acts like a teenager and has fits over being treated like a child, but that just adds depth to her as a character. She is struggling between growing into a full adult and remaining as a child, like her parents (particularly Edward) want her to be:

"This is exactly what I came here to talk about. You're always telling me that I'm too young for things, but you need to realize that I'm not a little girl anymore. You treat me like a porcelain doll that you are afraid of breaking. You won't tell me anything, you won't let me do anything...I feel like you have no trust in me at all. I just don't get it anymore." I was yelling, and I knew that any member of my family who was inside could hear me, but at that point I didn't care. If being angry was what it took to get my point across, then so be it.

While Renesmee and Jacob try and figure out if now is the right time to be in love, the rest of the pack is trying to sort out their own love lives. Seth (one of my favorite pack characters!) gets his own story line as well. He has watched others in the pack imprint and have these special intense relationships, but figures that will never happen to him. Truth be told, it really isn’t that important to him, either. He thinks it would be great if it happened, but doesn’t obsess over finding “the one.” Seth has gone to college and is good friends with a girl named Alicia. At first, the reader might think that they might have a relationship that develops into something more than just friends, but nope, they are just really good friends (at least so far!). However, when Seth agrees to help Alicia move into a new place, he gets to meet her little sister Courtney and that is when everything changes for him.

As I watched Jake catch her, I felt a sudden wave of emotion come over me. Jealousy filled my heart. I wanted to be in Jake's place, with my arms around her, not just watching from the window as it all happened. It didn't make sense to me, I hadn't even met this girl, why was I suddenly feeling possessive over her? I stepped away from the window in attempt to get a hold of my self.

The best part of the Seth-Courtney relationship is that you get to see both sides of the imprinting phenomenon. You don’t just see how Seth reacts, but you also get to see that Courtney feels something as well. She feels some kind of pull towards Seth, but obviously has no idea what imprinting is or why she would be reacting like that. It will be interesting to see how the Renesmee/Jacob and Courtney/Seth relationships parallel and differ as they develop.

There are ten chapters posted so far, but updating happens pretty regularly. Definitely check it out and read along as everyone falls in love (hopefully!)!

Author Interview

How did you come up with the Title of your Fic?
The title is based on the song "Already Gone" by Sugarland. I have always felt like the lyrics of this song (especially the second verse) describe what it would be like to be imprinted on or to fall in love with a wolf.

Do you have any writing rituals? What is your writing ‘process’?
I don't have any "rituals" per say, but there are a few things I need when I am writing. First thing I need is some sort of background noise. Silence KILLS my muse... plus I get distracted too easily (SQUIRREL). I usually choose music over a movie, again because of the distraction thing. When I write something, I always write it straight through, beginning to end. Jumping around and then connecting it later confuses me. I also like to have some sort of outline/plan to keep me on track. My mind likes to take over sometimes and go off on tangents it doesn't need to.

The only other thing I do when I write is keep track of my progress. To do this I participate in the Great TwiFicWriteAlong (if you follow me on Twitter you may see the #writealong hash). The writealong is just a fun way to keep track of your totals day to day and interact with other Twi Fic authors while you do it. It's a lot of fun.

What made you want to write this story, what inspired you?
I first discovered the world of Twific because I am a sucker for "Happily Ever Afters" and at the end of Breaking Dawn I didn't feel like Jake and Nessie got that. It was more about Edward and Bella (which makes sense since it IS their story). But as I read everyone else's interpretation of what happened next it just didn't quite go the way I wanted it to (not to say they were bad...I just had an idea in my head and that's what stuck). So I finally broke down and started writing MY ideas. Once I got a few chapters written I started to think about publishing but I was afraid that my fic wouldn't be good enough to do it. I let a few trusted friends read the chapters and after some minor editing/Beta work (commas are my nemesis) and some pushing I decided to start posting. And Already Gone was born.

What was your main inspiration for your lead characters?
I chose Jake and Nessie because, like I said above, I didn't think they got their Happily Ever Afters. Originally they were going to be the only main characters but as I continued to outline/plan parts of the story seemed to revolve around other characters and sound better from their POV. So I let them have their time in the spotlight too. I'll admit....Courtney(who is my own creation) is VERY lightly based on myself. I wanted a part in the story too!

Which fanfic authors inspire you the most?
Oh my! SO many... I don't know if I can choose only a few. I would probably say all my #writealong crew because they push me to write more and inspire me with what they get done. Especially XSirenSongX and Sorcha Cullen who are my main two partners in crime. Also Jezunya because she has mastered the art of balancing RL with fanfic and showed me that it's OK not to update every week... your loyal followers will still love you when you do!

What Fics do you reread often?
I haven't actually reread anything on my list because I am always trying to find something new and fun. But if I was to reread anything it would probably be Leah's Sunrise by Forever without him, Give Me Ten by purelyamuse (O/S), Attack of the Newborns (Supernatural Crossover) by Iron Angel 80, and pretty much ANY of wordslinger's O/S.

If you could pick a Fic universe to live in, which one would you chose?
Twilight Duh! LOL! And hopefully one where Paul imprints on me! (Rachel Black who?)

When Fic-diving, what do you look for; Humor, Angst, Slash, Canon?
To be honest I am open to just about anything. I started pretty traditional with Canon only but I have read a few GREAT AU and AH and have started exploring new pairings as well. Who knew I would like Blackwater, Jake/Bella, or Paul/OC(OC....that's ME right!)

When you aren't writing which fics are you reading right now?
I have a LONG list right now....I always like to find new things. But my favs are To the Wolves by Jezunya, Bet on Me by Kissa621, First Beach by wordslinger and Ride It by evermine those are kind of my "OMG it updated!!! Must read NOW!" fics. I am also doing some pre-reading for XSirenSongX for a fic she is working on. It's really good! Looking forward to when she posts it!

Are you in the closet or do your RL friends and family know about your love and obsession with all things Twilight?
Closet.....definitely closet! Well minus one RL friend who is into fanfic.

How were you introduced to the fandom? Do you remember which story was the first you read?
I googled Twilight FanFic with the hopes of finding a good Jake/Renesmee post BD....I don't remember that it was called! LOL

If you were stranded on Isle Esme, which two TwiSaga Characters would you want with you?
Only two? So hard! Well the obvious answer would be Paul... I'm 100% Team Paul! The other would be a little more difficult...I want to say a tie between Edward, Jake, and Emmett but if I HAD to pick one...Probably Emmett. Leave Edward and Jake for Bella to fight over.

Do you have anyone that you'd like to thank for helping and supporting you through this fic?
Again SO SO SO Many! First of a HUGE thank you needs to go to my Beta justaskalice. She never ceases to amaze me! Next up is my Twitter Pals/pre-readers/encouragers (They do it ALL!) *takes deep breath* XSirenSongX, Sorcha Cullen, evermine, Beckiet108, jkane180, BellaGattino, russetdiamond86, and imaginaryheart. These girls ROCK my world and I don't know what I would do without them! They keep me smiling and going even on the bad days! I LOVE you Girls!!!!!!! Lastly I think it would only be right to thank all of my wonderful readers! There are too many to mention but I thank each of you for reading, and a special thanks to everyone who reviews! It makes me smile to know you care! :-)

Do you have any other projects going on? Any planned for the future?
Other than Already Gone (which I TRY to update on a monthly basis), right now I am working on an entry for the "Just a Kiss" contest. The rules are you have to write jaw dropping kiss with one of the wolves (AH is ok as long as it's wolf only, no Vamps allowed!) My Pairing... Bella/Hockey Paul.

I am also SLOWLY working on a Multi-Chap AH called Familiar Eyes (B/E AH). I adopted the banner from XSirenSongX. Hopefully get the first few chapters done so I can start posting!

Is there any information that you would like to share that was not already covered?
I think you guys got it all covered! Thank you SOOOOO much for choosing my fic! I have never been chosen for something like this and it Means a lot!

Also, here are my Banners:

By candykizzes24: http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g371/FigSkingAngel/Banners/AlreadyGone1.jpg
By DazzledbyJake: http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g371/FigSkingAngel/Banners/Banner2byDazzledbyJake-1.jpg

Thanks for reading!
TFDB Staff
Mer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to tell us what you think...we couldn't do any of this without your support...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More